Friday, December 21, 2007

Patches of Sweat Dreams.

Last night was definitely an eye opener to me. I never knew how artistically a body can be moved.

I don't mean it in a dirty and obscene way, you pervs. What I meant was the dance event titled 'Patches of Dreams' which was held at KLPac. The moment I entered the room, I had goosebumps because the setting was really dim. [Expected it to be in a bigger room though]
I then mentioned to FuHun that I'm quite scared.
What if the dancers appear from the side lane and start frightening you?
HAHAHAHA. Omg, don't be lame, Florence...
No, I'm serious..You know how Maori dancers can be so scary...

We continued chatting and wondered about how were they gonna dance for 2 and a half hours. I said that they're prolly gonna use 1 whole eight count to move an inch.

The show then started in the room with the lights completely turned off making it pitch dark. Suddenly, we see all these dancers dressed in a black attire with scary make up. True enough, their movements were really slow. One dancer then walked slowly towards centre stage and just gave us an emotionless stare for about a minute. All of a sudden, she scared everyone saying 'owwww areee youuuuuu...' in a really scary tone and expression, flapping her arms in a chicken wing kinda way then ran back to the side. I swear it was scary because after that FuHun was also afraid already. Hahaha.

Yeah, so that was the only moment which captured my attention because I could not interpret the rest of the dance. There was also two short films after the dancers performed. The contemporary moves were just too 'contemp' for me to understand. Seriously, if you watched it, you'll go all 'huh' and 'whattt'?! And no, I wasn't the only one who didn't understand it. The entire group of us from Charm who went did not understand as well.

The genius me decided to question my beloved captain, CheeWei, about what it all meant since he's affliated with the dance troupe. He gave me the mostest geniusest answer.
Whatever you interpreted it as is what it means. =_=" [Trust me, I NEVER posted a post with that sweat emoticon before. But this was how 'sweat' my look was when he answered me.]
Later, he said that we can actually laugh at them if we thought that the moves were weird or funny. He said it would not be insulting to them, which I thought it was, at first. And that was why I had such a hard time holding back my laughter. If only he had told me earlier, I wouldn't have suffered so much!


On another note, I have found a part-time job, thanks to a church member. What do I do? I don't really know what position I'm holding actually. It's a car shop which does spoilers and what not located at USJ19. Basically, I'm supposed to do some basic accounting (and I've got no accounting background!) such as keying in data from invoices, filing, issuing cheques (!), kao tim the worker's salary slip (and even the boss's maid's salary!).
The only advantage I can think of about this job is that it's super near and I can save lunch money because I get to go home for lunch =)
Other than that, my working place is so small and squeezy, noisy and filthy!
The lady I'm taking over is gonna be on maternity leave soon. I just didn't expect it to be THAT soon. I just had 2 days of training from her. After that, I'm on my own! Argh.


On a more unrelated note, I wanted to end this post with my sister & I singing to 'O Holy Night' with the accompaniment of my guitar just to get into the Christmas mood since we no longer practise the tradition of giving presents to each other since eons ago. Sad to say, the plan didn't work out because she doesn't wanna join me in embarrassing ourselves. But I know many of you have just breathed a sigh of relief and thanked God I didn't do it. Hehehe.



I will be back. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wa...must be a car accessories shop ur working at...n me being a 'stingy-kiam siap'(hokkien) sure would like to patronise, inorder to get staff discount..he he...joking only.
Is good to know that you hv found something to do.