Monday, December 10, 2007

Of haircut and blonde moments.

Funny how when I was still in the midst of my exams, I kept thinking about updating my blog more frequently, like prolly a post every 3 days. But it seems harder to update because I basically got nothing to blog about.

I think it's because I haven't been reading my books, thus making less use of my brains. The brain refuses to function normally when I wish to blog. Somehow, words and ideas keep flashing across my mind about what to blog but then when I'm about to start typing something, I'll forget what I wanted to say. See, it just happened right after I finished that sentence! I think I'm suffering from some short-term memory illness.

Crap aside, let's talk about something more meaningful. Like how I've gotten my new haircut at A Cut Above. Oh wait, I actually meant the A Cut Above Academy. I decided to change my hairstyle due to my kiasuism because I had a voucher which stated Cut, Wash, Blowdry & Highlight for only RM45! Yeah, freaking cheap. How could I have let that go to waste?

Prove of kiasuism: The voucher was supposed to expire on the 3rd of Dec, which was the day my exams ended. So, it was definitely impossible for me to rush and get my hair done. Besides, the voucher stated that it's only valid after I've made an appointment and the latest time they'll entertain you is at 4pm. And my exam ended at 5pm.

However, my kiasuism would not give up and continued kicking me persistently. So I made mum help me call them (cos I was too big of a chicken) to ask if the expiry date could be extended and they said yes! :)

Went to Pyramid the next day with Amanda, WeiKit and Zhang Ziyi. They were so nice to accompany me and waste their time watching me transform into a hotter chick get my haircut. When we reached there, we sort of had a hard time finding the place. To get into the place, we had to turn left then right then left then right. It was like a maze. No kidding. Cos they were renovating their shop.

I was so blur, I didn't know that I was going to the academy and not the actual salon. Oh the horror. The thought of you being the guinea pig makes you think twice whether you are really willing to let your head be managed by a noob soon-to-be-professional. Miss Kiasu won and I walked boldly towards this vault-looking door.

So there we were, standing in front of that door, thinking for the gazillionth time if I should really enter. (It was like my friends were being nervous for me as well, it's so funny)

Me: So how? Really wanna go in?
Zhang Ziyi: The door is locked.
Me: Huh? So how???

We noticed a bunting nearby with the telephone number of the academy so I rang them. (This time mummy wasn't around to help me call)

Me: Hey, may I know where are you guys situated at? (Just to confirm we're at the right place)
ACA: Um, we're so and so here...(stating the correct place)
Me: Oh, so how do you enter? I'm outside.
ACA: Outside where?
Me: Err, outside your academy? How do I enter?
ACA: Uhm, you push the door?


!#$*&!%^?afhsasnlkpeioifslxmjkuihnanv&*#$!!$%^*$?!!


OMG! Babi Zhang Ziyi caused me so much embarassment, making me sound like a bimbo.

The door could be pushed with so much ease. Anyway, we cracked up laughing so I guess my moment of bimboness was QUITE worth it.

I can go on and on about my 'adventure' in the academy but I guess I'll just stop here. I'm afraid I might kill you with my dumb blonde moments. Oh, one more thing, I felt more masculine than my hairstylist. He was so feminine and gentle! My butt ached after sitting on the chair for 2 and a half hours, trying my best not to move an inch so that he will not lose his concentration. My friends made a sarcastic remark about how he would take 3 seconds to think before snipping my hair off. Lol.

Overall, I would say that their service was quite impeccable. As for the turnout of my hairdo? I'm quite satisfied with it. My satisfaction boosted when my older sister AND mother decided to copy my hairstyle after seeing mine. HAHAHA. It's quite flattering in a way, but annoying at the same time.

Imagine walking with your family and getting funny stares from strangers because the whole family has a similar hairstyle. Like it's some code to be part of the family. Wth.

That'll pretty much sum up this post for the day. Hoping to see pictures of my haircut? (C'mon, admit it. You know you want to. Hahaha) Well, I'm sorry to tell you that you will have to come back again because I haven't camwhored yet. Hehehe.

P.S I'm looking for a part-time job with a good pay. Anybody got anyone/any place to recommend? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

should let us take a look at ur new hairstyle n we shall see if u qualify to be a Santarina this Christmas.

Florence said...

you should reveal who you are first :)