Monday, January 04, 2010

Wedding at Temerloh

Okay, before I start off this entry, do you know why I like attending weddings?

Firstly, you get to see the bride during their prettiest and happiest moment. Secondly, you get to see the groom being 'tortured' by the bride's 'ji muis/close friends'. Thirdly, you get to eat non-stop. HAHA. So what if I like to eat, sue me.

Oh and if you don't already know, Temerloh is a small town in Pahang. Most of our times were spent at the Temerloh Rest House which is managed/ (owned?) by my granduncle (whose daughter is getting married, which means she's my aunty). Big family trees frequently confuse me.
Oh oh, another 'Did You Know' fact. Heh. Did you know that Temerloh is famous for its 'ikan patin'? That's catfish for those who dunno what ikan patin is.

Us at the rest house on the first night.

Next morning, we reached the bride's house only to discover that the groom has arrived. Yup, we were pretty late =( And that also meant we missed out the 'torture' session which the groom and his mates had to go through. Although I'd probably have no idea 8/10 what they were saying since everything was in Mandarin. =(


The bride's pet, Tung Teng, which appeared in many of their wedding photographs and was the centre of attention the entire day. So cute! It's a chow chow right?

Another reason to like weddings - the ang paos! =)

Then at night, we had to drive to Mentakab which was approximately 12km from Temerloh to attend the dinner at a school hall.
Yes, when I first heard it was gonna be held at a school hall, I was like 0_0. Seriously??


Fiona & I getting ready in our room.

Outside the hall.

As you can see, the school hall didn't look like a school hall at all. It was totally transformed into such a lovely space, with pretty lightings and interior designs.
Love this picture of us! That's my cousin Su May =)

Mum and Dad.
Ying Ying and her husband =)
Just to emphasise on how big the stage was. Huge! I think there were about 70 tables that night. Only downside was that the guests had to line up for food, buffet style. :( Not the usual wedding dinners where people serve you because of the huge crowd.
Sorry, just had to camwhore with the roses because they were everywhere and they smelt so good! =)
If you're wondering why was there a water bottle in front of me, it was because Darren was sitting beside me. He's my... *thinks* ... grandaunt's grandson, so that makes him my second cousin? LOL.
Darren, super tak layan camera. I felt better when I found out that he reacts the same when his parents call him. Hahah. You have to call him like thrice to get his attention.
Just one more. Heh.
After the dinner with Ying Ying. So pretty!
Couldn't resist self-timer shots. This turned out the most decent, the rest we were either stoning/laughing.
Last group picture at the Rest House. And this picture isn't even complete. There are still many more missing family members. Hehe.
Goodnight y'all.
PS. Down with sore throat and fever. BR ice-cream is patiently sitting at the freezer tempting me. Ooh, *grabs & gobbles*. I shall drink more water to compensate for my actions.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My dad's friend kena the torture before.

Then he got fedup and told the aunties, "I'm going home now, anything you explain to the bride"

Then the aunties gave in.

Guess I'm gonna use that tactic.

Florence said...

Eew. What a lousy husband. Hahah. I pity your future wife.

Unknown said...

Where got lousy? Smart what... I think the aunties won't dare face the wrath of the wife. Some more it's supposed to be her happy day.