Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Goriness to the maximum.

I just read this e-mail I received from FattyKit.

Frankly speaking, I would not bother forwarding e-mails to the entire world which pleads you to help this child who suffers from cancer, leukemia, etc just because AOL would donate 5cents into the fund of that child for each forwarded e-mail. Call me heartless or whatever, I just can't get myself to believe these kinda e-mails.

This time around, however, made me wanna do something about it. Or blog about it, at the least.
What is this e-mail about, you ask? It's a message PETA [People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals] is trying to spread to people across the globe to go fur-free.

The title: A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms

Click only if you are ready to view it with an empty stomach and make sure you have a few tissue papers at your side. Oh, and did I mention it is so bad that I couldn't bear to watch the entire video?

For those who don't have the guts to view it, HAHAHA at your sissyness.

But fret not, for I shall enlighten you about the video. Okay, back to the topic. I still cannot forget the video I viewed moments ago. Seriously, these China people are so cruel. [And I think the term 'cruel' would be an understatement.]

I may not be that much of an animal lover but I definitely won't torture animals like that. I like dogs but am afraid of them, I hate cats and won't deny it. I would freak out each time a cat passes by me especially in mamak stalls where it will brush its tail against my legs when I didn't notice then I would shriek!

That aside, I am still very disgusted that such a thing is going on just for the sake of getting the fur. Ugh. I think you guys should be aware of it too, help to pass this message around, and obviously do not buy any fur products lah!

I am proud to say I do not own any fur clothings. Heheh.

If you're too lazy to click on the link or too *coughsissycough* to watch the video, here's basically what the inhumane humans in China do for a living.

"When undercover investigators made their way onto Chinese fur farms recently, they found that many animals are still alive and struggling desperately when workers flip them onto their backs or hang them up by their legs or tails to skin them. When workers on these farms begin to cut the skin and fur from an animal's leg, the free limbs kick and writhe. Workers stomp on the necks and heads of animals who struggle too hard to allow a clean cut.
When the fur is finally peeled off over the animals' heads, their naked, bloody bodies are thrown onto a pile of those who have gone before them. Some are still alive, breathing in ragged gasps and blinking slowly. Some of the animals' hearts are still beating five to 10 minutes after they are skinned. One investigator recorded a skinned raccoon dog on the heap of carcasses who had enough strength to lift his bloodied head and stare into the camera.

Before they are skinned alive, animals are pulled from their cages and thrown to the ground; workers bludgeon them with metal rods or slam them on hard surfaces, causing broken bones and convulsions but not always immediate death. Animals watch helplessly as workers make their way down the row."


Poor animals I tell you. They are skinned ALIVE! Literally skinned alive, not those 'I-will-skin-you-alive-if-you-spill-my-secret' kinda nonsense. So don't misuse that line okay, hahah. I can cry buckets just by reading that. It's so depressing viewing the video lah. Oh gosh, I don't know why I'm very disturbed by the video.

Don't try to talk nonsense with me saying 'If you're so caring towards animals, go become a vegetarian lah fool!' Those are two different cases, so it can't be compared, and I like chicken. Heh.

Also, I will not go to the extreme like what Fattykit said 'I would rather go naked than wearing fur'. You know you always see in the newspapers where those chun babes would go nekkid by just wearing a manila cardboard hanging over their neck screaming 'STOP THE KILLING TO GET FUR' or Fattykit's line or whatever creative lines they can come up with? Yeah, I won't do that. At least wear some leaves to cover up lah haiyo.

Sigh, all this talk is making me so depressed. I shall move on to a happier topic. And what better way to make myself happy than to view my pretty pictures? Lol.




The disadvantages of being the tallest. You get cropped out of the pictures. Heheh.


Birthday boy looking handsome.



P.S The title of this post is obviously meant for the video, not because my face is gory lah okay.

No comments: