Wednesday, January 02, 2008

China Day One.

Before I start boring you with my 'adventures' during the trip, I wanna wish all readers a very Blessed New Year 2008!!!

Okay, moving on...

As I've mentioned earlier, we had to fly over to Changi Airport first before taking another plane to China. Obviously we were super excited so we arrived at KLIA quite early. Mind you, in my family, arriving early only occurs once in a blue moon. So this must mean that we were really kan cheong about this trip.

Got time to take picture some more.

Yeah, I was wearing my spectacles because we weren't allowed to carry any form of liquid onto the plane. At first, I was wearing my lenses because I was told that we could hand carry the contact lens solution onto the plane only if it is 100ml and below. So, I was super confident that we could wear the lenses then only change back to our specs on the plane because my soaking solution was definitely below 100ml. BUT, the stupid officer at the check-in counter said that we can't hand carry it because it was stated on the bottle that it can contain up to 120ml while the liquid inside was only,what, 30ml? Seriously damn no brains la these people. They think I can fill in the liquid back into the bottle is it? And even if I do, what am I gonna do with it? Squirt the liquid into the pilot's eyes and terrorize the plane? Do I look like a hijacker? Dumbasses. In the end, had to obey them, thus the specs.

Jakun! Can watch TV but without sound. Cos the distance was too near so we weren't provided headsets. Haha.Landed in Singapore and the moment we saw Free Internet Service, we went ahead and took advantage of it. Like they say, act like how the Romans act. So I acted like a Singaporean lor. Kiasu ma.

After the kiasu moment, we boarded the plane and left for Shanghai. Reached there about, erm, okay, not important cos I forgot. It was in the morning obviously. The first thing we did was take the train when the bus was already waiting at the airport for us to put our luggages in. The tour guide wanted us to experience how fast their train could go so we did a lot of walking to the train station. Have to admit it's realllllyyyyy fast. It travelled at 300km/h or more. Seriously.

It was moving too fast that I couldn't even see the view outside so I resorted to applying a bit of make up. Heh.



After that, we got onto our tour bus and headed straight to

.







.







.







.



The Oriental Pearl Tower! Looks so cute. It's one of the tallest buildings in the world. Stands at 468m. Gotta take the lift to the highest floor for sight seeing which was at the 263m point, if I'm not mistaken. The lift travels crazily fast, like 7 floors per sec!

I had on this fugly jacket which looks like a raincoat instead and wore it for about 2 days before getting something which looks more like a winter jacket.

Next, we headed to some place which looked like Chinatown (duh, it's in China) to walk around and grabbed a bite or two.

Me in fugly jacket.


The family.
Sax as in saxophones. Duh.


Sounds pretty good to me.


Food food food. My siblings and I thought that that was lunch so we ate quite a lot.
Then, we went for the actual lunch at a proper restaurant with 8 dishes but couldn't eat much. Take note that all the meals we had there always came with 8 dishes.


After that, we checked into Motel168 because the tour guide said we needed our rest after the long journey. Unpacked and had a nap.


Bed was rock hard. Yuck. The siblings complained later that night that they weren't able to sleep well. I, on the other hand, slept right through. No prize will be given for guessing who's the pig.


After the well deserved nap, it was dinner time.

We were extremely fascinated with this. Can see what's that? It's sugar cane for dessert! Never tried eating it this way before. Definitely an experience.
Later, the tour guide brought us to walk around some streets selling items with expensive prices so I don't see the point of going there actually.

We then moved on to Shanghai Bund. It was a pretty sight, with the Oriental Pearl Tower being litted up so bright and colourful. What's not such a pretty sight was the uncountable amount of couples you see hogging the bridge with the most strategic spot overlooking the tower and displaying PDA everywhere. Get a room man.


That was the last stop of the night. Right after we had enough of picture snapping, sight seeing and puking due to seeing too many overly passionate couples, we went back to our rock hard beds to snooze in the freezing weather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

definitely a trip to remember.....

Florence said...

yup definitely =)
we even recorded the entire trip just so we won't forget where we went and the video also includes me sleeping with my mouth opened in the bus. stupid sis.