Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lou Sang

Based on what I've read at a couple of blogs saying that the CNY mood is not really there, I'd have to say that I kinda agree with them.

Reasons I've came up with on what made CNY a not so joyous celebration as time passes by:
1. We've all grown up from all those childishness like playing pop-pops and those sparklers. Yeah, I played those pop-pops with my niece on the eve of CNY and found no fun playing it at all except for watching her laugh and enjoying herself.
2. Some of our relatives have drifted apart [eg. the ones who went over to NZ to study...I miss you guys!]..Not counting the ones who goes up to Genting annually and foregoing the chance to meet up with important ppl like me! Hehehe..My cousins should know who I'm referring to..Shh.
3. The government has banned fireworks which results to a quieter festive time. When I say quieter, it's like 10times quieter than usual. Where are all the boom-boom sounds like we used to hear every minute?
4. I don't go visiting that many houses anymore. Thus, lesser ang pows.
5. People are getting more 'kedekut'. Thus, smaller ang pows.

Whichever reasons they may be in your case [Which in my case is ALL of the above], I'm just hoping CNY won't stay like this in years to come.

Looking at the brighter side, I definitely still enjoy the holidays we're given. And the tidbits for you to munch on every millisecond. And reunion dinners with scrumptious traditional Chinese servings. And reasons to buy new clothes.

Okay, maybe CNY isn't THAT bad after all, right? =)


See? Get to lou sang some more! How often do you mix up your food without feeling disgusted since it's supposed to be eaten this way..?
Happy Chinese New Year to all readers!

=p Like as if I got plenty of readers. Syok sendiri.

No comments: