Thursday, November 02, 2006

A little help, please?

No, this is not gonna be a post regarding saving a helpless little girl's life.

Actually, come to think of it, yes lah maybe a little. If you consider me as a little girl.

I NEED MONEY! [What for, you ask?]

To SHOP la then! It's been such a long time since I pampered myself with nice stuffs.

And NO, I'm not asking my dear readers to contribute money for me to shop. That's just mean. And I'm not one. =p

It's just that there's this job offered to me by my friend. And the pay is really good. [It's so good until my sister thinks it's a syndicate]. The only catch is that the working hours are kinda inappropriate. 6.30pm-12.30am. [By the time you pack up everything, it'll be later than that] Location? Asia Cafe. Not a problem, I say. What I'm selling? Some fuel-saving tablet. Heard of it before, right?

But...but...guess what? Daddy doesn't allow this little girl to work =( Before that, I went to Mummy to ask whether can or not. Then she said ask your father. Fine, so I SMS-ed him in school. [WHAT? Don't gimme that stare. Bored in school lah, no teacher. DON'T say I didn't pay attention=)]

My SMS to dad was just basically telling him the job details and bugging, pestering, begging [whichever you wanna call it] him to let me do it cos I am so in need of cash baybeh!

His reply to me was so lame, uncool but funny. In a way.
Wanna know what he replied??

Behold, daddy dearest reply to his 'beloved' daughter:-
"Don't take it. Money is not everything. Pls remember the devil is everywhere waiting to devour us. Pray pray n pray."

Wah lao eh. Sounds so..sigh, I also speechless already. Showed this SMS to a couple of my friends and they too, can't help it but to stifle a laugh.
Money is not everything? Then gimme more allowance! Parents are so so not understanding. Correction, MY parents, I mean. A parent of another friend of mine asked her to take up that job instead of my friend asking her mum. Totally opposite from my case!

They always tell me to save up and that it's not easy earning money. Let me be independent then! I wanna earn my own money and not always ask from them. Asking them for money is like asking the wall. Not all the time though, have to admit that.

Some more it's not like I haven't tried working before. I can't figure what's so wrong with taking up this job.

Someone please teach me how to persuade them..
Seriously, I'm so depressed that I'm in the verge of breaking down any minute now......




Did you fall for my last sentence? If you did, I have a potential of being a drama queen. If you didn't, oh well, I'll try harder next time. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u know.. u should follow ur parents advice.. it's only for ur own good.. hehe.. so free wan.. can sms from school sumore.. ish ish.. =)

Florence said...

fiona: I know..My friends said that it's really 'san fu' working there..they ended work at 3am!

dale: I told you there wasn't any teacher in class..Besides, isn't it good being free? =p

Anonymous said...

Lol..yep,not gd enuf..As ur fren,i'll usually stand by u,but ah-uh..not distime,i'm afraid.I'm on daddy's side.Dun feel right bout dis job,neways wat's a fuel-saving tablet? :-p Mayb u shud juz find sum less paid job wif a more appropriate place and time..or else juz stay home and b daddy's lil' girl! Kakakakaka...

Anonymous said...

hmm actually i kinda agree wid florence but got no suitable work for me too young =( "sob sob"