Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day Two in Indonesia.

Dear people who actually read this blog,

Please accept my apology for abandoning this site for more than a week now.

Yours truly,
Me.

Okay, that was completely off topic but I couldn't think of a better way to start this. If I'm not mistaken, we woke up pretty early that morning. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this earlier, did you know that we are one hour ahead of their time? Well, now you know.
Standing outside the cheap hotel we spent the night in.
The water heater in that hotel was the scariest heater I've come across. This heater uses gas to heat up the water and there's a transparent glass so you can actually see fire when you turn the gas on. Hahah, we were so afraid it would explode.
After having our breakfast, we checked-out of the hotel and travelled again to see a volcano.
Before that, the driver had to fill in petrol. The famous brand there is named Solar.
It started pouring quite heavily during the journey so our hopes in seeing the volcano were already halfway crushed.
Just to prove my point that the weather there is chilly. That day, however, was extremely cold.

Reached Point A (forgot what was the actual name) but due to the bad weather, we couldn't see anything. =(
The driver then drove us to Point B, another point where the volcano can be seen. Point B was not easy to reach. We had to go through the narrow and winding roads and I mean seriously winding roads. I was this close to throwing up it's not even funny but I survived! Hahah. Poor Mella (Kak's daughter) didn't though. She puked. See, proves my point again that it was a crazy 'ride'.

Point B is called Ketep Pass.

Paid a small fee to watch this totally boring documentary film about the volcano called Gunung Merapi. I fell asleep, 'nuff said.

Squint if you have to. The volcano is somewhere in the background. Heh.

Her beautiful family.

Next, we moved on to a historic site. A place where most of you have read about in your history text books. This place is none other than...

Candi Borobudur! Ring any bells? If you still don't recall, did you fail your history? Heh. Kiddin'.

Tourists will find this place quite a rip off. They practise price discrimination here. The locals only pay like less than RM5 while we foreigners had to pay RM 40 plus. At first we wanted to pretend as Indonesian Chinese since we were touring with my kak and her family but the plan instantly failed when the security guard asked my dad whether we are foreigners and he just smiled sheepishly.

Despite the rip off and rainy day, we continued walking chirpily because you can always stand...

Under my umbrella ella ella eh eh eh. Hahah. Forgive me for the lameness =p

Papa and mummy. The whole area is basically covered with that stone sculpture in the background. There's a Buddha statue inside each of those stones and it is believed that if you can stretch your hand in to touch it, you will have good luck. *Somebody made a joke about how those stones look like ...*use your imagination*. LOL. So sharp wan meh?

That *somebody shall not be named to protect his privacy. =)

We got interviewed by a bunch of school kids because it was one of the ways for them to brush up on their English. However, it turned out that I was the one interviewing the student because she was so shy to speak up.

I shall not criticize on their command of English because apparently, they only picked up the English language three years ago.

Bunch of students.

Many stupas.

Failed attempt.

Slightly better.

Yay! (Notice the missing person? Ahahah)

Went for dinner after that at a stall. We sat by the road side on the mats because that's how the locals do it. Ordered bird rice. I think it was a pigeon hahah.

Dinner was not very filling so we went out again to pack this.

J. CO Donuts!

What a healthy way to end the night right, I know. Hahaha.

Goodnight peeps!

6 comments:

jasontantenghuat said...

........... leeman wasn't kidding when he says ur posts are long..................

Florence said...

omg. you all actually 'discovered' my blog.
thank god i didnt talk about you guys here ahahah.

jasontantenghuat said...

Haha do it like me lar. Don't put in names. Then only the guilty ones will feel it.

My niece's blog worse, she will tembak like mad. Then half of us (at church) will be wondering whether she's talking about one of us. http://www.lifeofthebluemonkey.blogspot.com/

"Thou shall not plagiarise my actions" :P

jasontantenghuat said...

Hacker of course can fine all your stuff lar... Hehe I can trace your house add also...

Anyone want??? Hehe besides those who knows already

Florence said...

eh pls. don't teach ppl nonsense. =p

jasontantenghuat said...

Nyek nyek nyek!