Friday, August 15, 2008

Dinner at TR's.

All you KPC's (ke poh chis..heheh) must be thinking how I celebrated my special day. A day which marks yet another year closer to stepping into adulthood. A couple of my friends have asked 'What does it feel like to not be a teen anymore?' Honestly speaking, I don't feel anything. Crazy meh. You think once it's your birthday, you instantly feel a change in you ah. Of course I do feel like I'm getting more wrinkles by the day, my back aches easily and I do not seem to be as hyperactive as before. Haha.

Anyway, this year's celebration was a quiet and very simple one. Just among my family members. Dad brought us out to Pyramid's Tony Roma's. Sister came back all the way from Sg. Long using the KTM so I had to pick her up from the Subang station in the afternoon. The things she would do for good food. Hahah

Okay, fast forward to dinner time. We knew that the portions would be quite big for a person so we shared. Here's what we ordered..
My boneless beef ribs + grilled shrimps.
Some shrimp pasta.
Some burger.
Grilled rosemary chicken.
Dad's order.Ooh..this drink 'Tropical Orange Freeze' is not bad. It says in the menu it's frozen pina colada with a tinge of orange in it. =)

My mum being a kiasu that she is, called the waitress and asked her if there's any special promotions for the birthday girl. The waitress politely nodded and pointed out to her the free dessert I'd be getting from the menu. Then she asked if we wanted them to sing me a song.


I instantly said "No!". My dad also said 'No need lah..'


On the other hand, my siblings and mum said "Yes yes please.."

This is after she brought out the Chocolate Avalanche and went back to get her 'pang yaos' to sing for me. I had to sit and stare at the candle while she was away. Bear in mind she had me waiting for quite long. Lol.

I kept complaining to my mum. However, this time my dad was not on my side anymore.


Eh mummy no need lah. Tell them don't come.
Nevermind, just wait.
Yor, you ah. I don't want lah. Ask them not to come. All this is for LOA people only.
You memang lack of attention ma.
-_____-''


After awhile, she finally came out with her bunch of friends. One of them asked me for my name before starting to sing.

Hi, may I know what's your name?
Florence.
Prolence?
Florence.

Then they started singing in a very flat tone unanimously 'Happy Birthday to Prolenceeeee...'

This is me laughing uncontrollably.

And trying very hard not to be rude.

Hahah, why must I always have funny encounters with foreigners?

Yay, can finally blow off the candle!

The free Chocolate Avalanche which costs RM12.90. Hehe.

The siblings and our kakak.Why does my dad look so miang. Hahah.

That's pretty much about it. We were so stuffed that night until we couldn't eat the cake later at night. So my family members just sang another round of the birthday song with the proper pronunciation this time. Hehe. No pics of me cutting cake or blowing candles cos I don't like.

Lastly, thank you to all of you who sent me sweet messages that day wishing me be it through MSN, Facebook, Friendster or text messages. Thanks! =)

P.S Fiona & Sarah, I'm still waiting for my present. Don't think you all can get away with it =p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

those " food " looks delicious...almost had my laptop for lunch..;)

Florence said...

hahah. yeah, it was good =)

ScoresTab said...

Where and what is the restoran name actually? Can I join you next time?

Florence said...

The restaurant is called Tony Roma's at Sunway Pyramid. =)