Monday, May 14, 2007

Las Carretas

Yo readers. =) Started off my day yesterday as usual, going to church being a saint. =)
But yesterday's worship service was extraordinary. Because we had an all-male worship team leading in worship since it was Mother's Day. Awww! And guess what...?


Surprise..surprise!!!


Let me introduce to you, the oldest back up singer in Cross Power Tabernacle history. My father! He's standing at the left side. Sorry the picture's blur.


Okay, after that not much to blog about. Went for guitar class, had lunch, went home, napped.

I was then awoken by the loud voice of my mom.

'Oi! Time to wake up and shower. We're going out soon.'

The initial plan was to go to TGIF since it was Sarah's birthday as well as Mother's Day. So Sarah wanted that place. But the man of the house said No. Wah, so man! *rolls eyes* Talk about ego. He then decided to bring us to ....

Las Carretas at Taipan, USJ.

He wanted to try something 'different' so okay lor, since he's paying the bill, what could we say?


We were welcomed by a plate of nachos! hehehe.


Then of course must pose a bit with the birthday girl while waiting for our food.

This restaurant has a really nice ambience. The one thing that caught my eyes was this chandelier-like thing made of liquor bottles. So cute!


Hehee. Food still hasn't arrived so we did the usual while waiting.

My order! It's called the Chimichanga. It's actually a crisp fried tortilla bursting with plenty of cheese, minced chicken, topped with enchilada sauce, guacamole and sour cream.

Fiona's serving which was not filling enough for her. Hahaha..It's called Filete De Pescado. It's seasoned with a unique blend of seasoning and broiled to it's perfection. Served with baked potato, salsa, Mexican rice, beans.

Sarah's one which was also the most expensive. Prawn Fajitas. Basically, it's prawns served on a sizzling hot skillet with sautéed onions, capsicums, complimented with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cheese, baked potato, and warm flour tortilla.

The pictures may look tempting but trust me, it's not all that good. For a moment, I felt like I was in a high class mamak stall because the food tasted just like that. Maybe Mexican food is just not my cup of milo tea.

If you're also wondering how did I manage to describe the food with such precision, well, it's because I copy and pasted from the Las Carretas website. Hahahaha.

But apart from that, their service was good. Friendly bunch of waiters. =)

The family. Pretending to be contented. =)

The birthday girl, Sarah. Just turned 14 years old and already so fatt hao.


Here's a better pic. More decent and sweet lookin'. =)

Last but not least, mummy dearest!

Happy Momma's day!



Mi madre es muy caliente! [Must read with Spanish accent!]



Who can guess what that means?



It means...















My mother is sizzling hot!



HAHAHAHAHA. I Googled that up. Chun leh? =)

No comments: