Thursday, April 12, 2007

Run for cover.

I had a very interesting day at school today.
Wanna know why? Obviously it was not because I learnt something new at school.

Get ready for this...

My school was...

on FIRE! like literally!

In my whole entire life of my schooling years, never have I encountered such an incident before.
It was about 10.30am when it happened. I was at the SAL room. (which stands for Self Access Learning, for you fools who are wondering what does it stand for. hehe, kiddin..)
The bell rang. Most of us thought it was a fire drill so we didn't really bother much. [Some even thought it was recess. joker. *ahem*zhangziyi*ahem* helloo?the bell for recess won't ring so long=)]
Then everybody was running helter-skelter. It was only then did I realize that this was not a drill. You can actually see black smoke coming out from the room. It was at the store room on the same floor and row as my class!
We were then directed to go downstairs and our assistant headmistress's [Pn Chong] voice could be heard booming over the speakers telling us to go near the hall instead. She was seriously panicking. Could hear it in her voice. And she was like 'Mr Selvaaaaa! Where are you??' [Cos he's the one in charge of this fire drill thing if it were to happen]

Several minutes later, the sirens of the fire engine truck were blaring from afar. Then all these jakun students suddenly cheered for no apparent reason. Take out hose, cheer. Spray water, cheer. Keep hose, cheer. I know la, those firemen were like super heroes to you all, but no need to act so jakun.

It was funny, in a way. Cos Pn Chong kept saying things like 'Murid-murid, jangan pergi ke tempat itu ya. Tempat itu tempat larangan. Jika kamu semua pergi dan didapati tapak kaki kamu di sana, kamu akan dimasuki penjara.' [She thinks she's in CSI]

Bet you all are wondering how did the fire start. Well, it was rumoured that somebody smoked and threw the cigarette inside that room and in that room, lies many bottles of thinner. So there you have it my friends. Such a genius he is. *I meant it in a sarcastic way for those of you who didn't get my sarcasm* [obviously a HE, can't be a SHE] According to some, this whole fire incident was planned. I really don't know.

I just hope that idiot gets caught.

Then again, without this idiot, there wouldn't have been so much drama happening.

Now tell me, how many of you have actually seen your school on fire? =)

9 comments:

-amanda- said...

.. WAT !...lol.... super funny .

Florence said...

-amanda-: yeah, you should have been there. hehe..we were laughing instead of getting scared.

dale: lol.yup yup. erm, the SAL room is for the use of free internet! hehe..

The Almighty Shiny Spoon said...

My school was on fire before. Primary school that is. It was next to my class. xD
I was a sucker and decided to run back to class after seeing the blaze and pack up all my colour pencils!

You have a hot suckerish cousin. HAHAHA

Florence said...

lilvernz: okayyyy.. i'll see ya tonite my hotcousinwholoveshercolourpencilsmorethanherself. =)
heard ur gonna set ur hair on ur sis's bday! ahahah. funny funny.

Jasmine said...

walaueh! nice experience eh?

Florence said...

jasmine: haha yeah.

Anonymous said...

haha.... eh, since the whole sal room's burnt down, does that mean tht all the coms r gone??

Florence said...

dale: no no...the SAL room wasn't burnt down. i said i was at the SAL room when that fire occured. it was the store room. read it again =)

Florence said...

dale: yeah i think so =)