Monday, March 23, 2009

Unity.

I wanna sleep. I need sleep, but I can't sleep just yet. Waiting for my hair to air dry before plopping myself into bed so might as well scribble a bit here first.

The whole day was spent at Cineleisure. I was hoping the night before that everything would run smoothly but unfortunately, certain things ended being screwed up. Other than that, the day was alright.

The Thailand team really touched my heart. This is their second time performing at C3 and their first time competing. The Thai faces were really familiar to all of us so we welcomed them with thunderous applause each time they made a move came up on the mat.

When it was finally time for Rainbows (the Thai boys) to perform, everything went okay until suddenly one of them did a tumble and landed on his knee. He couldn't move and the music had to be stopped. They brought him over to the side and sprayed something on the knee so it would be numb. By then, a few of them started tearing to see their friend suffering in pain.

However, the one injured was extremely determined to complete the performance so he went back on the mat with his mates and started the whole performance again and it was just so awesome! Even with his injury, they managed to pull off the stunts and complete the entire show. In the end, so many of them cried because despite the accident, they still did it. When I looked at their faces, I couldn't help but to go 'Awww'. (in my heart of course, not literally)

I have to admit that that moment was dramatic yet very emotional. They were so united that it just puts a smile on your face automatically whenever you see them. I think this essence of unity is really important in order for a team to succeed.

That being said, the teams here have a lot to pick up from them. From the showmanship to the unity right to the determination.

What I just witnessed today was truly inspiring.

No comments: