Tuesday, February 10, 2009

V-Day

Valentines Day is approaching. To all the couples out there, it's just another excuse to celebrate love. Don't get me wrong, I think Valentines Day is perfectly fine if not really sweet when you watch couples celebrating this day. It's just that, being single at this time does indeed suck. I'm trying really hard to put this in a right way, trying not to sound desperate. Hahah. I think if I were really desperate to get a partner, I would have so layaned those messages which typically go, 'Hi, my name is XXX, I'm from KL, mind to b frens?' But thank God I have not reached that point, so please refrain from labelling me as a despo, thanks.

Anyway, I guess those cliche lines about 'Who cares if you're single? Go celebrate it with your girl friends instead!' doesn't really work on me because somehow I think that's just...ah, I can't seem to find the word.

A friend who shall not be named, recently asked me, "So tell me, what's your type of ideal guy?" Before I could open my mouth to answer, the friend continued, "And please don't tell me ang moh or whatever ah."

Hahaha. I don't think I have an answer to that question yet.

It's okay. I'll get through that coming day like how I got through it over the years. Well, at least there is something I can be glad about, I get to skip the part of needing to spend money or worry over what would be the perfect gift to get for my partner.

Happy Valentines Day everyone, whether you like it or hate it. =)

4 comments:

Walking Disaster said...

Everyday is Valentine's for me except 14th Feb. Stupid restaurant raising their prices...

Florence said...

AWWWWWWW! Hehe. Your gf would be so happy if she reads this. Confirm. :)

Walking Disaster said...

Haha she knows lar
Anyway this Saturday church more important than some man made event :P

peikee said...

u will find an ideal guy soon! keep praying so u'll find the best guy that God sent u...hehe


-peikee-