Thursday, September 11, 2008

Phobias.

Was just reading Reader's Digest a couple of minutes ago when something caught my eye.

It showed a list of some of the most bizzare phobias and I thought I should share this with you guys cos it's pretty funny.

Lutraphobia: the fear of otters
Nucleomituphobia: the abnormal fear or hatred of nuclear weapons
Odontophobia: the fear of dental work (I think Jeremy has this, he told me he's afraid of going to the dental clinic hahaha)
Octophobia: the fear of the figure eight (I'm 100% sure the Chinese won't have this phobia)
Globophobia: the fear of balloons (Quite embarrassing, but I think I have this one)
Ablutophobia: the fear of bathing (HAHAHA. Eeew, whoever suffers from this must stink real bad)
Rhytiphobia: the fear of wrinkles (Tell me who doesn't fear this)
Telephonophobia: the fear of telephones
Pupaphobia: the fear of puppets
Pentheraphobia: the fear of your mother-in-law (LOL. This is so hilarious!)

Since I'm at this, I googled for more list of phobias and here's some funny ones:

Cacophobia- Fear of ugliness
Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns (Used to have it)
Dentophobia- Fear of dentists (Here's another one for Jeremy =p)
Eisoptrophobia- Fear of mirrors or of seeing oneself in a mirror (My friends know mirrors are my best friend. Haha)
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words
Ithyphallophobia- Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis


So what's your phobia? =)

No comments: