Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What a weekend.

Crazy weekend, to be precise.

On Saturday night, we had to be at Cineleisure at 10.30pm to set everything up eg. safety mats, carpet, tables and chairs for the judges, VIPs and media.
Then halfway during the set up, the Rainbows arrived. The Rainbows are an all-boys team from Thailand who is superbly, fantastically geng chow! They came here not to compete but to be our guest performers. FYI, they are an all-gay team.

After setting up which ended around 1 something a.m, we had to run through our routine because we would also be performing the next day. So, it was really tiring for all of us. The practice only ended around 3a.m which caused us to arrive home at 3-ish. As if that wasn't enough, we had to reach Cineleisure the next day at 8.30 a.m. The initial plan was to be there by 7.30 a.m. Crazyness! Thank God they switched it to 8.30. Heh..
If you were not there at the event, it sucks to be you. heh jk. let me give you a snippet of what happened.

Among the celebrities there were Amber Chia, Belinda C, and er... if you consider the So You Think You Can Dance finalists celebrities as well, Brancy and Dennis were there too.

There were quite a lot of drama happening behind the scene because a few cried due to some reasons. While many may address me as a drama queen, let me clarify first that I'm definitely not one. Sad to say I was one of the 'few' who cried. In public. Which isn't a pretty sight. Omg, someone just shoot me lar.
It was because while we were warming up our stunts an hour before the performance, I injured myself. Well, what can I say. Shit happens. I just didn't expect it to befall me on that particular moment, 59 minutes or so before our performance.

So, I was overwhelmed with two emotions at the same time. Firstly, I was obviously in pain. My last toe swelled up almost instantly it looked like a tiny brinjal. [Do not ask why a brinjal, couldn't think of any other comparison.] Secondly, I was afraid I will not be able to perform because of the pain that was so intense I was doubting myself so much. I think it was more of the latter though. Then the tears literally just trickled down non-stop and my captain was asking me if I am sure I could still perform while I was just nodding and sobbing like an idiot. Gosh.

The St.John people came to my rescue by spraying some cold spray on the wounded spot and bandaged it so tight until I think they caused me to feel more pain than before. Despite the pain, the show must still go on. Thank God the performance went on smoothly.

Anyway, here are a few pictures snapped by our very own CHARM's professional photographer, Kelvin.










Overall, the whole event was a success. Everyone was being so supportive especially towards the Thailand team. The crowd was just yelling like crazy each time they made a movement. Hahaha. A huge thanks to my bunch of friends, (WernSern, ShanYong, Darimi, Ah Long, Chew) for coming over to show your support. =)


P.S: I wanna thank God for His healing power because I've stopped limping. Yay!

P.P.S: The guy from gua.com.my who did the coverage for this event is uber cute!!

P.P.P.S: This is my 100th post! *joy*

Edit: Here's the video you've been longing to watch, Nat. Teehee.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! for hitting "100" Keep them coming ;-)