Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rojak?

There's just too many funny incidents at my workplace I cannot possibly list them all here.

But what's weird today is that another Bangla worker (yup, there are THAT many Bangla workers) asked me this before I clocked out from work.

This meaning :
Kak, balik ar? (Now there are 2 things I don't understand. First of all, isn't it obvious I'm going home since I'm clocking out? Secondly, I have no idea why on earth he adressed me as a KAK)

*Nods head and smiles*

Papa Chinese?

I was all HUH??

Papa you Chinese?

Then I nodded again, this time with a fake smile because I felt quite annoyed.


DO I NOT LOOK LIKE A CHINESE TO YOU?!?


Speaking of which, there was one time when my friend lied to another friend of ours saying that I'm actually Vietnamese and I own the Vietnamese Kitchen at Taipan. And that 'genius' friend actually bought that joke! Omg.


Somebody please help me look more Chinese-y. I thought my small sepet eyes can already prove that I'm a 100% Chinese. [No offense to any Vietnamese reading this.]

No comments: