Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ijok.

Does that name ring any bell?
Prolly you read it in the papers about the elections going on and what not.

I went there last Sunday with a few of my church members to feast on the somewhat famous Beggar food.

By that, I actually mean the Beggar Chicken, Beggar Duck & Beggar Pork!
I think my pastor joked and said something like,
"Wah, if beggars get to eat such nice food everyday, I also don't mind becoming one myself."
The restaurant was situated somewhere in a really 'ulu' place. It had a really 'ulu' name as well. Restaurant New Beggar Delicious or something. Their England is so powderful.

Let me show you the process of making the Beggar dishes.
The chicken is actually placed inside that clay. Yes, the clay is the one at the side of the table which looks like a rock. This is actually after the chicken has been cooked.


This old man then hacks the clay with some tool la. Can't remember what was it.

After that, he asked his assistant (got assistant one okay, don't play-play) to hold the foil while he unwrapped it.

Lo and behold! The Beggar Pork!

Beggar Chicken.

Beggar Duck.

The finished food. We had fish, prawns, crabs and pork intestine soup. I didn't really like that soup.

We also had Mango Delight to celebrate the birthday of 3 people. All of them were not born on the same day la, but of the same month. So to save cost, one shot buy one cake. It's like killing 3 birds with one stone. Lol.

Little Yvette & I.

Guess that's about it for now. Oh, and the month of August is approaching.

I wonder what occassion is it which is so important I absolutely forbid any readers of mine to not remember.

No idiots, it's not our Independence Day.

Think harder!

Till then... =)

No comments: