Thursday, August 05, 2010

Sign of aging.

As you all know, I'm already entering the third month of my internship.

I had a couple of funny (weird?) encounters I faced which I feel I should share with you all.

One young lady from the HR department once came over to us interns, said hello and introduced herself and vice-versa. Shortly after that, she admitted that she thought I and the other intern (who's one year older than I am) were permanent employees in the firm. We ended up laughing but I actually forced a laughter.

Okay...this is not a good sign. I'm old.

"Nevermind", I thought to myself. She's just crapping. Ignore.

Then today, my friends and I went downstairs to buy karipap from the very famous uncle who comes to the office twice weekly. In the midst of waiting, we made friends with a couple of guys from another department and started to chat.

Until, one of them said, "Oh, you're an intern? Really? I thought you're a permanent staff"'.

TWICE. That's the amount of times people have mistaken me for a permanent staff.

I tried comforting myself by talking to my intern friend (who by the way, also got mistaken like me).

"Eh, they don't mean it that way right?? Maybe it's the way I dress. Professional, right? *hopeful*"

"No, face it. You're old.."

"Oh wait! It's either...you're old...or..."

*Eyes lit up again*

"...oh there's nothing else. You're old"

T____T

P.S The karipap Uncle decided to ffk us all and did not show up.

No comments: