Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How my parents really are.

Hi readers!

So if you have been following my blog and have read the previous post, you should know by now that I'm gonna start working soon next month. There is a little continuation from that post so if you haven't read it, I suggest you do. Heh.

Prior to the start of my internship, I will need to settle a few things as requested by the company so I decided to seek help from my parents! :p

The following will be the conversation between my parents and I through e-mail. This is me informing them about the offer letter from the company.

Hello, here's my offer letter from PwC I just received this morning.

Few things you should take note of:
1. I need ink in the printer to print out the documents.
2. I need formal office attire for the next three months. Time for shopping!
3. I need to open a Maybank bank account.
4. How do I confirm my acceptance? Just reply 'I accept' ar? Or must type some formal reply? Please help.

Thank you! Your daughter is finally going to work! Woohoo!!

Love,
Florence

A couple of hours later, my mum forwarded that e-mail to my dad's office e-mail because I sent it to his personal e-mail instead. This was what she wrote to him:

Yahooo, our daughter is finally going to work!!! Praise the Lord! Thought you might want to read this first from your office instead of going home to read later. She has listed down a couple of things for both of us to do b4 she starts work!

Hahah. The way my mum replied so cute la! She was so excited that she helped me pass down the instructions from me to my Dad. Whee. Then, this is how my Dad replied me after that..

Dear Florence,
I am glad you are learning to step into the adult working world. Before this you need to brush up on your tidiness and this includes your room. I suggest you start cleaning up your room immediately. Then to instil more discipline in yourself start by sweeping and mopping the house. And to build up more energy for this "demanding" job (according to your sister) begin by getting to bed by 11 pm everyday.By the way , you can place your order for your choice of breakfast with your loving mum every nite before you sleep but make sure a percentage of your allowance goes back to her for service charge.

As for the rest of your requirements , clothes - share with Fiona , printer ink - add water as I told you before , Maybank a/c - thats easy pay RM10 you will get one and for acceptance of letter , if you dont know how I pity your employer la !


Oh, if you're wondering why my Dad asked me to 'add water' to the printer ink, that's because I texted him few days back before this to let him know about the printer running out of ink and asked him how should I deal with it. And his reply was 'add water'.

That's my Dad trying to insult my intelligence! >:(

In this e-mail, my Dad also attempted to take advantage of me to be the 'kakak' in the house.

HAHAHA. My father is super lame. But quite funny lah. I was grinning to myself when I read the reply.

So yup, that's my parents.

PS. I just realised I've been using my parents as my blog content for the past two posts. Heh. Oh noo, does that mean to say that I find them really entertaining?? Haha.

No comments: