Saturday, September 26, 2009

Raya at Cameron Highlands.

Like I mentioned before, the family and relatives spent our Raya holidays at Cameron Highlands. Sounds like a relaxing trip, eh?

Wrong. The whole journey to Camerons was completely disrupted by a massive jam. It's like everyone was headed to Camerons as well.

True enough, when we reached there, the traffic jam didn't end. I didn't know Cameron Highlands was such a hit among the locals.

I think the traffic jam helped me to sit back and pay attention to the greenery of Camerons even more. I was truly enjoying God's awesome creations.

However, don't get me started on the hotel/apartment we stayed in for the two nights we were there. I don't know who fed me with the information that the place we were gonna stay in was a 4-stars hotel. 4-stars?! Are you kidding me?
Look at the number of thumbs down and you will understand what is it like inside there.

Hot water which only runs for less than 10 minutes and cracked toilet seats are among the things we faced during our stay. If it's the one thing I cannot stand about hotels, it is the cleanliness of the toilet! I will not complain if you provide me a hard pillow. But the toilet is very very important to me! Showering with cold water in the cold weather is not my idea of a nice shower. *Brrrr*

Do NOT stay there if you were to visit Cameron Highlands. It's called Star Regency. (Note the word Star. Meaning they only have ONE star at the most. Hehe)
Look at the amount of cars. A bee line was surely to appear wherever we went.



Look! Conjoined flowers!

Strawberry in many forms of food!

The food was absolutely delicious especially the yoghurt with fresh strawberries and honey. =)

Hello Mark! I see your cheeky tongue. =p



Strawberry potong which costs RM 1.
Adrian trying really hard to open a durian. Haha.
Some really sweet tasting melon (not sure if it was some sort of honeydew) which costs RM 5 per fruit.

Daddy and I.

Fooling around with the pole. =p

Even the flower at any random playground in Camerons is much nicer than here.

Us at the tea plantation area.

Fact of the day: Did you know that Florence is an absolute lousy traveller especially on winding roads? I was on the verge of puking on the way downhill. Thank God I managed to keep myself composed after taking in many deep breaths when Daddy made an "emergency" stop at the side of the road. Hehehe. So in the end, I did not throw up! Yay me!! Woohoo.

PS. Credits to Ms Tan Sue Vern for the DSLR photos. The clear ones are taken by her and the rest are taken by the lousy camera. Easy to distinguish right? =)

No comments: