Wednesday, August 08, 2007

StarCeleb at Berjaya Times Square

If you've read my previous post about this StarCeleb thing, you'll definitely know that my sisters and I went down to the city last weekend to catch the event and snap a few photos for the sake of this review.

You see, I'm doing this for the sake of the moolah and since my sister told me that RM100 has been credited into her account, I was all green with jealousy and decided to do the same myself. [Advertlets, please give it me baybe!]
So the day started when we went to Times Square by supporting the public transportation, the KTM. Also, to save and keep the environment clean by causing less air pollution
I would also like to add that I dislike taking trains because of the 'wonderful' smelling odour and the tuna-packed situation.
Upon reaching KL Sentral, we took the lift meant for the disabled because we were too lazy to use the escalator. Little did we know that as we stepped into the lift, we were welcomed by this horrible body odour in the lift I swore I almost died inside because I had to hold my breath.
There were even 2 Caucasians in the lift and my sister told me that they were pinching their noses in order to hold their breath. It's so embarrassing being a Malaysian myself in times like these. You just don't know where to hide your face. Sigh.
Embarrassing moments apart, we finally made it to the mall and headed straight to the Boulevard area.
If you still have no idea what StarCeleb is, let me enlighten you once again.
StarCeleb is a brand new exciting reality show, looking for two winners to be models, brand ambassadors and TV hosts that will set the path for their road to stardom.
Hosted by May Wan and Daniel Tan, both talented in the field of modelling and hosting, the show promises lots of surprises, talent showcases and experiences that we can all relate to.
We reached the place at about 12-ish and I thought we were late since the StarCeleb website says it starts at 11am. As predictable as it is, all I could see was the empty stage. What do you expect? We're all true Malaysians ma. =)

We received this tiny booklet to get familiar with the faces of the contestants and to vote for them.
There isn't any favouritism yet because I've only seen the contestants once and also I haven't seen the rest from Group B. The ones I've seen are from Group A and sadly after that, I had to go home so I couldn't catch the rest of them.
However, here's what I gathered from my entire day spent there.
A few of the contestants on stage. I understood that they were divided into a few groups and were suppose to take turns hosting and performing.
That week saw them showcasing whatever talents they had.

This girl painted some Chinese caligraphy writing while singing to some Chinese song. Don't ask me what she sang or wrote. I'm a banana.

This girl, Min Li, might get far in this competition, I'd say. She's kinda good at hosting and she sang Faith Hill's 'There You'll Be' and surprisingly the windows and glasses didn't break. Thank God. =)

This is contestant number 1. His name is Mark. As you can see, he did some tai chi thing and each movement came along with some watermelon story. His biceps are like super huge!

Ras Angela's her name. She did some mind reading thing which was supposed to turn out to make the audiences go 'wow', but unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be as miraculous as it should be. It was so long winded the judges had to ring the bell.

This contestant, Ayu, danced to the beat of Justin Timberlake's 'Sexy Back'. I'd say it wasn't that sexy and impressive.

Is his name Steven? Sorry I can't remember because I can't even remember what he performed. Oops.

I remember her as the 'Awesoommmeee' girl from 'So You Think You Can Dance'. Yup, she's here once again, trying to compete in a competition which suits her more, which is using her talking skills. She performed taekwando and not forgetting, dance.

Effa did belly dancing which I believe wasn't really belly dancing but more to shaking her hips gently. Could have been better.

This sweet girl's name is Doreen. She sang to the tune of Britney Spears's 'Lucky' and her singing was not bad. Simple and sweet.

Another contestant named Deborah dancing to JT's 'Sexy Back'. She's like the tiniest girl in this competition.

This one's my personal favourite because I find him the most entertaining. That's Jude doing a toe touch. My sister said I'm impressed just because he's performing what I love, cheerleading.

But seriously, I think his performance was the best. Thumbs up to him.

At first, I got shocked that she could sing so well. Then only I realized that she was lip-synching to a Chinese song. She's Joanne.

Leo was talking in a sing-song manner. I don't know if you understand what I just said, but yeah, that's what he did.

Hmmm..can't really remember what she did as well but from what I can see she was definitely dancing. Reason to why I cannot remember what she did was not because I didn't watch it [well, partially], but mostly because I was already distracted at that time by.......

HIM! Daniel Tan. He was walking around with a crutch. Don't know what happened to him. Poor thing.

But even with the crutch on, he still sizzles! Hahaha.

There, I'm finally done! Hope you enjoyed reading!

No comments: