Tuesday, July 14, 2009

For better or worse?

I did something very spontaneous and unexpected a few days ago. I Googled for a hairstyle online and brought the picture together with me to the hair salon instantly. What prompted me to have this sudden change are the comments made by my friends. I’m sure those who have seen me up-close before would have noticed that I have thinning hair/bald spots/ whatever you wanna call it. It was hurting my self-esteem so bad I had to do something about it.

So, I decided to go completely bald.

On Saturday, I went to Kimarie with my sister for my haircut. Being Chinese, Mum has this thinking of cutting the hair shorter each time I pay a visit to the salon to make her money’s worth.

I dread going to places where they cannot understand English. To make matters worse, you guys should know that I cannot speak much of Cantonese or Mandarin. I know, what kinda Chinese am I?! Fail.

My hairstylist was a Chinese speaking male. I have to admit it was quite funny, the conversation between the both of us. Like kai and ngap talking. (Chicken and duck)

He told me, 'Lei keh mei hou kon, lei yu char tit tit yao' (Translation: The ends of your hair are very dry, you should apply some oil.)

Lei zhi char meh yao mou? (Do you know what kinda oil to apply?)

Without waiting for my answer, he straightaway said, 'gor tit chu fan yao de hor yi' (Those cooking oil also can)

'Mou lahh. Tong lei kong siu.' (No laaaa. I'm just kiddin')

Wanted to smack him but I just smiled.

Then, he said, 'Lei zhi mm zhi ngor kong meh yeh mou? Chou meh lei jing hai sek siew?' (Do you know what am I talking about? Why do you only know how to smile?)

GRRRRR! I knew what he was talking about, I was just a bit slow in replying. :p

Okay, enough of the humiliation I faced at the salon.

Heh, you all must be curious how I look like now right. :p

This was the picture I showed that fella. So pretty right. *jealous

But what about me? Brace yourself for the picture below. You've been warned.

.10.



.9.



.8.



.7.



.6.



.5.



.4.



.3.



.2.



.1.




I asked my younger sister, 'Yer, how come not the same one?'

She replied, 'Of course la, face also not the same to begin with so how to compare!'

:(

6 comments:

p n g said...

Ok what...at least still got hair not bald. ;)

EricCharm said...

Yahoo! new you! i mean your hair you!
go shave bald those buggers who made you feel brought down. =P

Anonymous said...

hey flo!

i have the EXACT problems as you do - as in the thinning hair & the non-English speaking hairdresser thing! i'm planning to get a haircut soon too..hehe.

you look nice btw. :)

Florence said...

p n g: Hmm. Still not used to it.

Eric: Yay, go me! *Trying to sound as enthusiastic as you* LOL.

Kimberly: Yeah, you are not alone. I am here with you. HAHA.
Try this haircut..maybe it'll work?

aahhCHOO said...

HEY nice hair laaa :) suits you!!

Florence said...

Choo: Thanks dear :)